Thoughts on being halfway done with chemo-radiation (14 down, 14 to go), medical marijuana, and assorted crap.
- Marijuana absolutely helps relieve nausea.
- Sublingual medical marijuana tastes like licking the undercarriage of a lawn mower.
- Halfway does not make me feel any better, mentally at least.
- I have one surgeon, two hematologist/oncologists, two radiologists, an oncologist nurse practitioner, an oncologist nurse, a radiology nurse, and a couple of radiology techs. Only one is condescending and arrogant to the point that I will not even ask a question, I find someone else if I can, and I ignore their unsolicited advice since it at times contradicts others’. Ugh.
- Everyone I know has been extremely appropriate in their response to my situation. A couple of people I don’t know have not been. While talking to a friend on the street today, a total stranger jumped into the conversation with stories of her relatives, etc. and cancer. I was hoping she would ask the name of my chemo …
- There are hints that the tumor may be shrinking, let’s just say that some of what I leave in the bathroom is returning to a more typical form. As I said to my porn buddy about something else, that’s good shit.
- The medical marijuana I am using does not have enough THC to get me high. I should try another kind, dude.
- Fritos. I can’t forget the Fritos.
And yes, my nuts still hurt. Thanks for asking.